Monday, January 30, 2023

From My Guest Post: Using ChatGPT in the Writing Process

 

Using ChatGPT in the Writing Process



I’ll admit, my first reaction to AI authors was a mixture of horror and fascination, akin to my reaction to a natural disaster.

However, as more information and examples have been shared, I have come to accept AI tools as the way of the future. Look at chatbots as spelling/grammar check 3.0. If spell check was the first generation of computer-assisted writing, and Grammarly was 2.0, chatbots are a natural leap into the future. They are not going away. Rather than work to ban them (a futile exercise), how can teachers embrace this new technology? Furthermore, what is the role of education in preparing students for a future in which chatbots exist, for better or for worse?

Read more...



No comments:

Post a Comment